Friday, September 10, 2010

We try, but its never easy to say goodbye

Dadi, Igat and I saw my 2nd daughter off this evening. She came last Sunday and was supposed to go back tomorrow, unfortunately she had to go earlier as she has to start her rotation at Radiology early Monday morning, 13 Sept. Mami, this is the worse part, leaving home, alone overnight in KL and missing you all, said my daughter. Once I reach Jogja, I will be fine, said Met. It's not easy for me too, honey, never has been and never will be. I became teary eyed going into their rooms, straightening the bedcovers, picking up hair bands and books by the side tables, closing their closets, putting away leftovers - snacks, pastries & roast and soon, my fridge will be half empty once again....Parting is such sweet sorrow. Thank God Igat is still home until next week.

Happy faces, waiting for food to be served at Lutong Cafe.

Daphne has to work for the raya holiday so we went to Miri to visit her. The first night's meal was at Lutong Cafe, they love the deep fried pork legs and fish head curry. Dinner for the 2nd night was at Apollo - for the ikan bakar.

Next day we went to Brunei - Daphne looked so forlorn at being left behind, Mami, she said, although I will be at the hospital today, my heart is with you all, acih ulu. We drove all the way to BSB and had lunch at a Thai restaurant, the Lemon Grass. We love Thai food and the tom yam and spicy fried fish was authentic Thai and delicious. On the return journey we dropped at Supa Save and Met & Igat oohed and aahed over the selection of biscuits and chips. Mami, may we buy more to bring back to college? Yes you may, ku aku. I was happy to be able to get goat's cheese, filo pastry, scones & flapjack mix. Thirty minutes later, dadi was left very much poorer! Datai di Miri kami tiga lalu bebantai, ngeso ka booty ngagai Maie. Udah pulai makai sida menyadi lalu snacking sambil berandau. Nya meh maya ke best, begulai, besulu enggau bala anak.


Lunch at BSB.

On the way home, we stopped at Niah for lunch. And look what I took home with me, a photo of aki Lakam, my maternal grandpa. This photo was taken in the early 60s, said mom. I have many fond memories of my aki Lakam, one day I will write about my times with him, so that my children will know of the great-grandpa they never met.
Stanislaus Belayong ak Ju, my aki Lakam, of Sg Sut, Batang Rajang.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Aunty Rita.

Sigi seilu2 enti beranjung ba Airport. Baka kami enti beranjung pulai sigi banjir aja2 airport. Agi seminggu dua, agi beraie..ba bilun bendar agi nyabak.

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the hugs, all the way from Perth.

Nya meh endu, ma bala datai gaga amat, ma urang mupuk lalu beraie ga kitai....

Indai Dara said...

auk kenya meh asai ney wai ditingal ke bala anak ke besekula engau kereja - auk sempat nuan ngusung kedai wong - nyu nyau ka tudah tukey ningal ke kitai - aku laban ke lama nda nyenguk blog - malam maca entry nuan tu pagila ninga rita wong nadai - nya meh aku call JJ nanya ke pengamat

Fabulously Sassy said...

hi mi. tertarit tali jantung aku maca post tu ;( ka pulaiii!

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Wai Andan,

Nya meh wai, bakanya meh asai apai indai kitai ke ditinggalka kitai. Nya aku nyu sinu ngerunding apai indai ke nadai anak ngibun, ke kediri.

Wai, amat udah mati tukay kedai ke endur kitai makai. Aku meda gambar ba Borneo Post ngayanka urang nyenggai ba kedai ia nya, chun-chun melakangka tangga ti ayan ba gambar sida menyadi. Aku te ingatkan kitai menyanak maya kami ke kia sari nya.

Hi Met,

May God bless you and keep you safe and sound body and soul. Baik ga tua dadi di tinggalka Igat kemari, nadai water works. Tambah kami busy, bisi dua iku parishioners mati, nya meh kami nyu ngagai one house to another sembiang de malam. Take k, mami