Friday, May 9, 2008

Thank you Lord, for the wonder of my being

Psalm 139: 1-6, 13-18

O Lord, You have searched me and known me
You know when I sit and when I rise up
You discern my thoughts from far away
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways

Even before a word is on my tongue, O Lord,
You know it completely
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay Your hand upon me
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me
it is so high that I cannot attain it

For it was you who formed my inward parts
You knit me together in my mother's womb
I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Wonderful are Your works, that I know very well.

My frame was not hidden from You
when I was being made in secret
intricately woven in the depths of the earth
Your eyes behind my unformed substance

In Your book were written all days that were formed for me,
when none yet existed.
How weighty to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
I try to count them - they are more than the sand;
I come to no end - I am still with You.

2 comments:

Dappy said...

Hi bonda!


Nice psalm. Never really bacha this one before. I like Psalm 27, it's calming.

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hi anak, its the Psalm to read on birthdays, cos we praise God for creating us, for the wonder of our being.

Mami